T.I. “will not return” to Ant-Man 3 after the rapper and his wife Tiny were accused of sexual abuse.
The 40-year-old rapper and his 45-year-old wife are under fire after the stars’ former friend, Sabrina Peterson, accused the couple of sexual misconduct and claimed “more than 100” other alleged victims had reached out to her on social media.
The Hollywood Reporter confirmed the news on Monday that T.I. will not reprise the role of Dave in Marvel Studios’ upcoming film Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.
The rapper appeared in both 2015’s Ant-Man and 2018’s Ant-Man and the Wasp as Dave, a friend to Paul Rudd’s character Scott Lang/Ant-Man.
In the films, Dave helped Ant-Man on his adventures alongside ex-convicts played by Michael Peña and Kurt David Dastmalchian.
While the outlet reported that T.I.- whose real name is Clifford Joseph Harris Jr.- won’t appear in the film, it is not clear if the decision is related to the recent claims of sexual abuse.
Sabrina previously accused the pair of sexual misconduct and claimed T.I. threatened her with a gun in 2009 following a nasty fight.
She shared a few of those claims on her account, as some of the alleged victims said they’d been drugged, forced into sex, and/or trafficked by the Harrises.
The Sun revealed in February that a group of women with claims against the couple planned to travel to New York to meet an attorney building a class action against the stars.
Sabrina told The Sun she was “overwhelmed” with the response she has had since coming forward with the allegations.
She added that she plans to open up more about her experience, sharing: “I got a call today from a documentary team so we’re going to go ahead and let the girls tell their story like in the R. Kelly show, to get them some therapy, too, so they can process their pain.
“At the end of this, it might be into the hundreds of girls that come out, ultimately. It’s bad.”
Following the allegations, production on the couple’s reality show- T.I. and Tiny: Friends and Family Hustle- has been halted.
Filming for the fourth season of the VH1 reality series began in December.
According to Rolling Stone, an MTV Entertainment spokesperson said: “We are aware of the allegations, and while they are not connected to our show, we have reached out to T.I. and Tameka Harris, as well as local and state officials.
“Given the serious nature of the allegations, we have decided to suspend production in order to gather more information.”
HOOKED ON CRYSTAL
Hefner’s widow on marriage, inheriting £8.5m & being called ‘gold-digger’
THE VEX FACTOR
Simon Cowell ‘has heated row in the street’ with partner Lauren Silverman
Ant Middleton breaks silence after Who Dares Wins axing & vows to make comeback
‘it got too much’
Jake Quickenden secretly ‘split’ with girlfriend Sophie before pregnancy
POT OF GOLD
Booze, coke & gambling – inside secret world of 80s snooker with Louis Theroux
Ant Middleton axed from SAS: Who Dares Wins & C4 say they’ll NEVER work with him
Back in January, a spokesperson for T.I. and Tiny profusely denied the claims.
The rep told Complex: “Mr. and Mrs. Harris want to be on record and more importantly want the public to know they emphatically deny in the strongest way possible the egregiously appalling allegations being made against them by Sabrina Peterson.
“The Harrises have had difficulty with this woman for well over a decade. They are taking this matter very seriously.”