MEGHAN Markle left a staff member at Kensington Palace “shaking” with fear after a row, a royal aide has claimed.
A source told the newspaper that Meghan drove two personal assistants out of the household and undermined the confidence of a third.
Jason Knauf, then the couple’s communications assistant, reportedly submitted the complaint in October 2018 to protect palace staff who were allegedly coming under pressure from the Duchess.
The Duchess denies all allegations of bullying, and a spokesman said she was “saddened by this latest attack on her character“.
They stressed she “is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma”.
According to The Times, an aide feared a row would erupt over whether the Duchess had been told that the media would be present at an event.
‘I FEEL TERRIFIED’
When Meghan rang the aide, they rang back but she did not pick up.
Anticipating a row with Meghan, the source told the Times: “I feel terrified.
“I can’t stop shaking.”
Another source told the paper: “There were a lot of broken people. Young women were broken by their behaviour.”
Meanwhile, another source claimed that Samantha Cohen, then the couple’s private secretary, had also been “treated terribly”.
They added: “Nothing was ever good enough.
“It was, ‘She doesn’t understand, she’s failing.”
Another ex-employee alleged they had been personally “humiliated” by Meghan Markle.
Last night Meghan and Harry’s lawyers told The Times that the newspaper is “being used by Buckingham Palace to peddle a wholly false narrative” just days before the Oprah interview is aired in the USA.
The couple have filmed the interview with the chat-show queen which will be screened on Sunday.
But there have been calls for Oprah to shelve the two-hour long chat as Prince Philip, 99, remains in hospital.
MEG BULLYING CLAIM
Meghan ‘faced bullying complaint from one of closest advisors at Palace’
RAY OF HOPE
Calls to ease lockdown faster as fall in Covid deaths weeks ahead of estimates
Woman ‘killed & chopped up by stranger who lured her to kebab shop flat’
Neighbours at war after couple buy mammoth £3k bouncy castle for front garden
Woman who gave birth to twins aged 64 loses custody of them after court battle
BACK IN THE ICE BOX
Temperatures to plummet to -10C this weekend after spring warm spell
Responding to the bullying allegations, Meghan’s spokesman said: “The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.
“She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.”