July 2, 2022

Spy Gists

Fresh Updates From Around The World.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry latest – Oprah interview ‘contains secret coded messages for viewers’, experts claim

PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle sent secret signals to viewers in their controversial Oprah interview, it has been claimed.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’ bombshell “nothing off limits” interview is scheduled to air in the UK at 1am on Sunday night / Monday morning at the same time as it is broadcast live on CBS in the United States.

The first two trailers for the interview with Oprah dropped earlier this week with experts pouring over the footage to analyse their words and body language to find any hidden meanings.

For example, the Telegraph reports that Harry’s central position on screen makes him the main event and suggests it will be him, not Meghan, who provides the most explosive quotes.

By repeatedly drawing comparisons between Meghan and his beloved late mother, Harry also sets the Duchess up as the new Diana which heightens his concerns for her, the Telegraph reported.

The news comes as Piers Morgan slammed “self-wallowing” Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in their Oprah chat.

Writing for the MailOnline Morgan accused Harry and Meghan of being “hypocrites” for complaining about being hounded by the press but also agreeing to the interview with Oprah.

The Good Morning Britain host also criticised Harry for saying life was “unbelievably tough” in California after leaving the Royal Family – while his grandfather Prince Philip is seriously ill in hospital.

Follow our Harry and Meghan live blog below for the very latest news and gossip about the royal couple…

  • PRINCE PHILIP ‘RESPONDING TO TREATMENT’

    The Duke will undergo testing for his heart problem at the hospital, which is one of the country’s leading specialist cardiac centres.

    The Palace said: “The Duke of Edinburgh was transferred from King Edward VII’s Hospital to St Bartholomew’s Hospital where doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition. 

    “The Duke remains comfortable and is responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week.”

  • JUDY FINNIGAN SLAMS HARRY OVER OPRAH INTERVIEW

    Judy Finnigan has branded Prince Harry “silly and spoilt” for agreeing to be interviewed by Oprah Winfrey with wife Meghan Markle.

    The former This Morning host, 72, claimed Harry has “totally rejected us” after turning his back on life as a royal in Britain for a new start in America.

    She wrote in the Express: “He’s just a silly, spoiled Prince who thinks he can have it all. You’re not a Prince without a country, just a rich playboy with a Netflix contract.

    “If he ever comes back home, I fear he’s in for a nasty shock.”

  • PRINCE PHILIP’S PREVIOUS HEART PROBLEMS

    Philip has been treated for heart problems in the past and in 2011 was rushed to hospital by helicopter from Sandringham after suffering chest pains as the royal family was preparing for Christmas.

    In the serious health scare, he was treated for a blocked coronary artery at Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire and underwent a minimally invasive procedure of coronary stenting.

    The Queen, their children and grandchildren visited during his four-night stay, which saw him spend Christmas and Boxing Day in hospital.

    St Bartholomew’s is an internationally renowned hospital and Barts Heart Centre is Europe’s largest specialised cardiovascular service and a centre of excellence for both cardiac and cancer care

  • HARRY AND MEGHAN HAVE PREVIOUSLY SPOKEN ABOUT RACISM

    Meghan has spoken about her experience with racism in the past and showed her support for the Black Lives Matter movement last summer as protests swept the globe.

    The Duke of Sussex also said he has had “an awakening” to white privilege since being with his wife, and the pair called for an end to structural racism in the UK last year.

    In an article for the Evening Standard, they said: “As long as structural racism exists, there will be generations of young people of colour who do not start their lives with the same equality of opportunity as their white peers.”

  • TOUGH TALK

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey is likely to raise the issue of race in Britain, ITV’s royal editor has said.

    Chris Ship revealed Meghan discussed her experience of being mixed race in the UK when she met with Oprah for their upcoming TV chat.

    Of Meghan, ITV’s Chris Ship told Good Morning Britain: “I know that she is going to mention things like mental health and the impact of being in the UK had on her mental health.

    “I know that she’s going to mention about the press intrusion, but also she’s going to raise the issue of race in Britain.”

    You can read more here

  • MEGHAN FACED ‘ALMOST UNSURVIVABLE’ STRUGGLE

    Meghan Markle faced an “almost unsurvivable” struggle during her time as a royal, Oprah Winfrey suggests during her bombshell interview.

    In one of two 30 second previews released this morning, Oprah tells Meghan “it sounds like there was a breaking point”.

    Sitting with Meghan alone, Oprah says: “Almost unsurvivable sounds like there was a breaking point.

    “Were you silent or were you silenced?”

    Prince Harry sits alongside Meghan in the clips, saying he did not want to see “history repeat itself”.

  • PRINCE WILLIAM ‘KEPT IN DARK ABOUT OPRAH INTERVIEW’

    Prince William has not spoken to Prince Harry “for some time” and is being “kept in the dark” about his Oprah interview, a source has claimed.

    It is believed that Harry and Meghan did not inform any member of the Royal Family about the interview’s contents.

    An insider told the Mail on Sunday: “Harry and William have not spoken for some time, and Meghan speaking about their relationship or relationships with the Royal Family to Oprah will not help matters.

    “Things are still bad between them, although both want to repair that brotherly bond.

    “William does not know what she has told Oprah, none of the Royal Family do. They will find out at the same time as everyone else, although I doubt they’ll watch it.”

    Prince William has been 'kept in the dark' about Harry and Meghan's Oprah interview, a source has claimed
    Prince William has been ‘kept in the dark’ about Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview, a source has claimedCredit: Times Newspapers Ltd
  • HARRY HINTS HE LEFT UK OVER FEARS MEGHAN WOULD SUFFER SAME FATE AS DIANA

    Prince Harry has hinted he quit the UK as he feared Meghan would suffer the same fate as his mother.

    The royal revealed his “biggest concern was history repeating itself” in a startling sneak preview released by CBS in the early hours of this morning.

    Oprah said the couple had revealed “some pretty shocking things” – some of which seemed “almost unsurvivable”.

    You can read the full story here

  • TIMELINE OF PRINCE PHILIP’S HOSPITAL STAY

    Tuesday, February 16 – The duke is admitted to King Edward VII’s Hospital on a precautionary basis after feeling unwell.

    Friday, February 19 – Sources say Philip is now expected to remain in hospital for “observation and rest” over the weekend and into the next week.

    Saturday, February 20 – The Prince of Wales makes a 200 mile-round trip to see his father, spending around half an hour at the hospital.

    Tuesday, February 23 – Seven days after the duke was admitted, the Palace says he is being treated for an infection and is “comfortable and responding to treatment”, but is not expected to leave hospital for several more days.

    Monday, March 1 – Philip is transferred in an ambulance to St Bartholomew’s Hospital for treatment for an infection and testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace says.

  • LIFT THE LID

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will “shine a light” on the tensions with the Royal Family in their sitdown interview with Oprah, it has been claimed.

    A source close to the duke and duchess told E!: “There is a lot of tension between them and the Royal Family.

    “The interview is going to shine a light on what they have been through. Meghan and Harry are relieved they are away from it all.”

  • SHOW TIME

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s explosive tell-all interview with Oprah was bought for £1million by ITV – despite fears it is a “diplomatic bomb”, it was reported today.

    The programme – Oprah with Meghan and Harry: A Primetime Special – will be aired on CBS in the US at 8pm EST – meaning it will be 1am in the UK at the time.

    But the Daily Mail today reported that it is ITV who won the bidding war to broadcast the explosive chat on tellys in the UK.

    The interview will now be aired on ITV1 on 8pm on Monday with reports the broadcaster paid about £1m to beat out Sky.

  • RUFF MORNING

    Piers Morgan called Susanna Reid a “lapdog” for defending Prince Harry and Meghan Markle as she labelled him “rude”.

    The Good Morning Britain hosts clashed again over the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s upcoming tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey.

    Piers Morgan insisted the Queen’s silence on most matters will leave her “loved” unlike “other members of the Royal Family”.

    When Susanna said “millions” loved them – Piers labelled her a “lapdog”.

  • ‘NEEDED’ TO GO

    Prince Harry acknowledged he’d moved thousands of miles away from home – but said he “needed” to go.

    “I needed to get my family out of there but we never walked away,” he said.

    “As far as I’m concerned, whatever decisions are made on that side, I will never walk away. I will always be contributing.

    “My life is public service, so wherever I am in the world it’s going to be the same thing.”

  • HARRY HITS BACK

    Prince Harry said he and wife Meghan Markle “never walked away” from the royals – and he simply did “what any husband or father would do”.

    In a wide-ranging interview with James Corden on The Late Late Show, the Duke of Sussex said the couple’s move to LA last year with son Archie was about “stepping back rather than stepping down”.

    The 36-year-old added that it was a “really difficult environment” and said of the press: “It’s destroying my mental health”.

    Prince Harry was interviewed by James Corden on The Late Late Show
    Prince Harry was interviewed by James Corden on The Late Late ShowCredit: the Late Show
  • GOT NO MAIL

    Harry and Meghan have been left looking for a new postal address after Prince Charles reportedly scrapped funding for their mail service.

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex previously had their post sorted at Clarence House.

    But support has been withdrawn after it was confirmed the couple had quit Royal duties.

    The Sussexes have yet to make new arrangements, it is reported.

    They do have an LA address on their Archewell Foundation website.

  • PIERS MORGAN CLAIMS CBS WILL ‘EXPLOIT’ PHILIP’S ILLNESS

    Piers Morgan claimed CBS “will exploit” Prince Philip’s illness in Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s explosive interview – as he demands they cancel it.

    Piers said: “CBS, I bet they won’t move it, whatever happens.

    “In fact, if something God forbid does happen with Prince Phillip, CBS will want to exploit it. Of course they will, it’s an American network, they’ll want to exploit it for ratings.

    “The question is, what’s Prince Harry going to do in that situation? If the Duke [of Edinburgh] takes a turn for the worst. What’s he going to do?

    “Is he going to allow his whining about what a tough life he has from his LA mansion to go out on prime time TV?”

  • ROYAL FAMILY ‘UNITED IN PRAYERS’ FOR PRINCE PHILIP

    The Royal Family is today “united in prayers” after Prince Philip was moved to a specialist hospital for treatment for an infection and heart condition.

    The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was transferred to St Bartholomew’s in London where he will stay until at least the end of the week, Buckingham Palace revealed on Monday.

    Now the Mirror reports the Prince’s nearest and dearest are pulling together amid his ongoing health crisis.

    One source was quoted as saying: “The staff and all the Royal Family are united in their prayers for the Duke.

    “There has been an almighty and collective effort to keep him and the Queen safe during the coronavirus crisis over the past 11 months.”

  • HEIR THIS

    The royal family have “more important things to worry about” than Meghan Markle & Prince Harry’s tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, according to royal aides.

    Senior royal sources told The Sun the family was “pretty appalled” by the idea of the recorded chat with Oprah Winfrey being broadcast while Philip is in hospital.

    Now Buckingham Palace aides have told The Telegraph that the family’s focus is solely on the poorly Duke.

    One said: “The family is very worried about him and their thoughts are very much with him rather than this Oprah interview. They have much more important things to worry about.”

    While another senior aide said: “This programme is really not something we are focusing on at the moment.”

  • TOP MARKS

    Oprah Winfrey’s interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle is “the best she’s ever done”, it’s claimed.

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s bombshell tell-all interview with the chat-show queen is set to air in the US on March 7.

    According to Royal author Omid Scobie, CBS presenter Gayle King, a pal of Oprah’s, said: “I’ve heard from reliable sources—this is Oprah talking—that it’s the best interview she’s ever done.

    “I think that’s saying something!”

  • ‘BREAKING POINT’

    Meghan Markle faced an “almost unsurvivable” struggle during her time as a royal, Oprah Winfrey suggests during her bombshell interview with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

    In one of two 30 second previews, the talk show Queen tells Meghan “it sounds like there was a breaking point”.

    Sitting alone with the Duchess in an outdoor location understood to be Santa Barbara, California, Oprah says: “Almost un-survivable sounds like there was a breaking point.

    “Were you silent or were you silenced?”

  • ‘NO SUBJECT IS OFF LIMITS’

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s interview has been extended to a two hour special as Oprah reveals that “no subject is off limits.”

    In a dramatic preview of their tell-all interview, Harry says that his “biggest concern was history repeating itself” in a hint towards his mother’s own struggle in the royal family.

    CBS has now said that the “primetime special” with Meghan and Harry will be extended from 90 minutes to 2 hours – and is set to first broadcast on Sunday 7 March from 8pm ET.

    The dramatic preview begins with Oprah asking Meghan Markle whether she was “silent, or silenced?”

    She then goes on to say: “I just want to make it clear to everybody, there is no subject that’s off-limits.”

    The interview will be two hours long
    The interview will be two hours longCredit: CBS
  • OPRAH ACCUSED OF ‘PAINTING QUEEN AS MAFIA BOSS’

    Oprah has been accused of painting the Queen as a “mafia boss” in her interview with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry – as royal experts slammed the suggestion the duchess was “silenced”.

    The preview of Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s tell-all interview was criticised as “nonsense” after the clip showed Oprah dramatically ask Meghan if she was “silent or silenced” in the royal family.

    But the claim is “ridiculous” and unfairly paints the Queen as a mob boss like Don Corleone from The Godfather, royal experts said.

    More on the story here

  • PRINCE PHILIP MOVED TO A DIFFERENT HOSPITAL

    Philip, 99, was moved to a different hospital yesterday while he battles an infection and pre-existing heart condition.

    Buckingham Palace said he was taken to London’s St Bartholomew’s hospital until at least the end of the week where he will undergo further testing.

    Prince Philip was taken to London's St Bartholomew's hospital
    Prince Philip was taken to London’s St Bartholomew’s hospitalCredit: AFP or licensors
  • WON’T MEG WAY

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey won’t be cancelled even if Prince Philip’s illness worsens, according to reports.

    Producers are reportedly refusing to pull the “tell-all” chat with one insider saying it has the potential to detonate a “diplomatic bomb” if the Duke of Edinburgh’s health worsens.

    A TV insider suggested CBS will go ahead regardless after selling “millions of dollars” worth of advertising and have “no loyalty to the Royal Family”.

    They told the Mirror: “CBS has sold millions of dollars worth of advertising around the interview, but bosses are aware of the delicacy of the Duke’s heath.

    “They have no loyalty to the Royal Family, although some feel as though they do to Harry and Meghan.”

    Click here to read more

  • FOR DUKE’S SAKE

    Harry and Meghan were last night urged to think of poorly Prince Philip and delay their Oprah TV chat.

    Senior royal sources said the family was “pretty appalled” by the idea of the recorded chat with Oprah Winfrey being broadcast while Philip lies in hospital.

    Royal watchers called for the interview to be shelved until he is out of danger.

    Penny Junor, who wrote Prince Harry, Brother, Soldier, Son, said: “It’s bad timing when they’re going to be saying ‘poor us’.”

    A senior royal source asked: “Why are they doing it?”