A MAN died on Christmas Day after drinking whisky and hot water to “cure a cold”, an inquest heard today.
Mike Dyson, 33, woke up at home in Almondbury, Huddersfield on December 25 with a cold and decided to drink the mixture to cure it.
His mum Heather said Mr Dyson was a “typical lad” who enjoyed a drink at the pub with his mates, Yorkshire Live reported.
She said that on Christmas the family went to a neighbour’s house for a drink at 1.30pm, and she found Mr Dyson laying on a bed and assumed he was asleep.
Later, after Mrs Dyson had gone home, the neighbour banged on her door and she rushed to check on him.
She said he was not breathing and she gave him mouth-to-mouth while the neighbour called for an ambulance.
Medics arrived at the house but they couldn’t revive him.
Pathologist Dr Faisal Ali told the inquest that Mr Dyson had a high level of alcohol in his body.
A toxicology analysis showed that the amount of alcohol in Mr Dyson’s body was have caused “extreme drunkenness in a normal person”.
Brazil Covid ‘Patient X’ traced to one of 379 households in South East
Brits with vaccine passports will skip border queue if they go to in Greece
Meg & Harry’s Oprah chat ‘bought for £1M by ITV’ despite ‘diplomatic bomb’ fears
KNOW THE SIGNS
Four Covid-related skin conditions you shouldn’t ignore
Brazil covid variant found in 15 countries NOT on UK’s red quarantine list
Horse so over-bred rescuers thought she was COW due to swollen udders
Dr Ali said Mr Dyson died from central nervous system depression due to acute alcohol toxicity.
Mr Dyson’s blood alcohol level was around five times over the legal driving limit.
Assistant coroner Raja Mahmood found that Mr Dyson’s death was alcohol related.