PRESIDENT Joe Biden has been communicating with foreign government officials amid a rise in political tensions abroad.
On January 24, 2022, Biden held a video call with European allies in light of the escalating tensions between Russia and Ukraine.
Where is Joe Biden?
Biden held a conference with the leaders of the European Commission, European Council, NATO, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, and the United Kingdom on January 24.
According to the White House, the meeting was held to “discuss diplomacy, deterrence and defense efforts” as well as potential sanctions against Russia.
During the meeting, the Pentagon announced that Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin had placed around over 8,000 U.S.-based troops on “heightened alert” for rapid deployment to assist NATO if needed.
What did Biden say about the Capitol Riots on the one-year anniversary?
Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris delivered remarks in the National Statuary Hall on the one-year anniversary of last year’s Capitol insurrection on January 6, 2022.
“To state the obvious, one year ago today in this sacred place, democracy was attacked,” the president began his speech. “Simply attacked.”
He also spoke to the “singular responsibility” former President Donald Trump had in inciting the violence that broke out at the Capitol building one year ago to the day during his claims that the election was rigged.
“We are a great nation. We must be absolutely clear about what is true and what is a lie. And here is the truth: The former President of the United States of America has created and spread a web of lies about the 2020 election.”
President Joe Biden has faced fierce criticism from the public, media, and world leaders over his handling of Afghanistan[/caption]
He also said: “Are we going to be a nation that accepts political violence as a norm? Are we going to be a nation where we allow partisan election officials to overturn the legally expressed will of the people?
“Are we going to be a nation that lives not by the light of the truth but in the shadow of lies?
“We cannot allow ourselves to be that kind of nation.
“The way forward is to recognize the truth and to live by it.”
Joe Biden timeline
- January 24, 2022: Biden has a video call with European allies in light of the Russia and Ukraine crisis.
- January 19, 2022: Biden is at the White House for a news conference.
- January 10, 2022: Biden is at the White House and will travel to Georgia on Tuesday, January 11, 2022
- January 6, 2022: Biden delivered remarks to the nation on the anniversary of the January 6 Capitol insurrection
- January 4, 2022: Biden and Harris are set to address the Omicron variant
- December 29, 2021: Biden’s team announced the president would be speaking to Vladimir Putin for a second time in the month of December
- December 24, 2021: Biden spoke on a NORAD Santa tracker phone call on Christmas Eve where he was tricked into saying, ‘let’s go Brandon.’
- December 21, 2021: Biden address the nation and is set to announce his plan to buy 500,000 at-home Covid-19 tests
- December 20, 2021: Biden welcomed his new dog Commander to The White House
- December 15, 2021: Biden visited Kentucky for an on-the-ground look at the tornado damage that killed 88 people
- December 13, 2021: Biden spoke with West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin about the Build Back Better Act
- December 7, 2021: Biden visits World War II Memorial and speaks with President Putin
- November 30, 2021: Biden visits Dakota County Technical College to address how they can contribute to his infrastructure plans
- November 29, 2021: Biden announces an update to the Covid-19 Omicron variant
- November 26, 2021: Biden announces an upcoming restriction on travel following the emergence of the Omicron coronavirus variant.
- November 25, 2021: Biden and his family celebrate Thanksgiving at David Rubenstein’s estate.
- November 24, 2021: Biden’s doctor announces that he had a benign polyp removed during his colonoscopy.
- November 23, 2021: Biden and his family jet off to Nantucket for Thanksgiving.
- November 20,2021: Biden celebrated his 79th birthday.
- November 19, 2021: Biden had a routine colonoscopy.
- November 18, 2021: Biden meets with Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador and Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in The White House.
- November 15, 2021: Biden signs infrastructure bill into law.
- November 10, 2021: Biden meets with Her Excellency Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission, to build on their recent engagements at the G20, COP26, and the June U.S.-EU Summit.
- November 10, 2021: Biden attends the funeral of former Governor of Delaware Ruth Ann Minner.
- November 10, 2021: Biden delivers remarks on how the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal delivers for the American people by upgrading our nation’s ports and strengthening supply chains to prevent disruptions.
- November 9, 2021: Biden delivers remarks at a virtual grassroots event for the Democratic National Committee as well as remarks at a virtual fundraising reception for the Democratic National Committee.
- November 8, 2021: Biden honors the Milwaukee Bucks for winning the 2021 NBA Championship.
- November 7, 2021: Biden travels to Baltimore, Maryland for the second time to speak on the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal.
- November 6, 2021: Biden speaks openly about the Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal.
- November 5, 2021: Biden’s $1trillion infrastructure package is passed by the House.
- November 3, 2021: Biden addressed the CDC’s authorization of the Covid-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11.
- November 1, 2021: The president attends the COP26 Climate Summit in the United Kingdom, and reportedly falls asleep during the opening speeches.
- October 31, 2021: Biden continues his participation at the G20 Summit in Italy.
- October 30, 2021: Biden attends the G20 Summit in Italy, followed by dinner with Heads of State.
- October 29, 2021: Biden meets with Pope Francis in the Vatican.
- October 28, 2021: Biden and first lady Jill Biden leave the White House and travel to Italy.
- October 25, 2021: Biden attends the groundbreaking for the Portal North Bridge in New Jersey and the Portal Bridge replacement
- October 25, 2021: Biden visits New Jersey to push his infrastructure plan and garner support for his Build Back Better agenda
- October 24, 2021: Biden hosts Sen. Joe Manchin in Delaware to finalize the domestic agenda agreement
- October 21, 2021: Biden spoke at a CNN town hall meeting in Baltimore, Maryland and said he was forced to drop his free community college plan
- October 20, 2021: Biden visits hometown Scranton, Pennsylvania to push his infrastructure bill and visits the Trolley Museum to discuss his life lessons and push to run for president
- October 18, 2021: Biden releases a statement on the passing of General Colin Powell.
- October 16, 2021: Biden and first lady, Jill Biden, dine at Fiola Mare in Washington, D.C.
- October 14, 2021: Biden meets with Uhuru Kenyatta, the president of the Republic of Kenya.
- October 11, 2021: Biden attends the wedding of nephew Cuffe Owens and Meghan King.
- October 6, 2021: Biden meets with CEOs and business leaders to discuss the impact of the debt limit on American families.
- October 5, 2021: Biden visited Michigan to promote his Build Back Better plan.
- September 29, 2021: Biden continues Treasury debt limit negotiations and cancels his Chicago trip.
- September 24, 2021: Biden hosted an in-person summit with leaders of Australia, India, Japan, and the United States.
- September 20, 2021: Biden will take part in a bilateral meeting with United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
- September 18, 2021: Biden is in Delaware at his beach house near Rehoboth Beach.
- September 15, 2021: Biden delivered brief remarks about a national security initiative at 5pm from the East Room of the White House.
- September 14, 2021: President Biden addressed climate change and clean energy jobs in Colorado.
- September 13, 2021: Biden visited Long Beach, California, to support Gov. Gavin Newsom in the state’s recall election. He will also stop in Idaho and Sacramento.
- September 11, 2021: Biden toured Ground Zero in NYC, the Pentagon and the memorial outside Shanksville, Pennsylvania, where United Flight 93 was forced down, on the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks.
- September 8, 2021: Biden delivered a set of remarks about a new “six-pronged” Covid strategy to stop the spread of the delta variant.
- September 7, 2021: Biden traveled to New York and New Jersey to tour areas badly affected by Hurricane Ida.
- September 6, 2021: Biden surprises union workers for Labor Day in Wilmington, Delaware.
- August 31, 2021: The president addressed the nation after the last plane carrying Americans from Afghanistan departed on August 30.
- August 29, 2021: President Biden and First Lady Jill Biden received the bodies of the 13 US troops killed in the Kabul airport suicide bombing and met with their families.
- August 27, 2021: During his press conference, Biden appeared to admit that the US may have handed Taliban henchmen a “kill list” to target Afghans who previously helped Americans in the country.
- August 26, 2021: Biden to address the public following the Kabul airport attacks.
- August 23, 2021: Biden again ignored questions about the Middle East crisis after his aide says he “never shies away” from reporters.
- August 22, 2021: During a live address to the nation, Biden again insisted that pulling US troops out of Afghanistan was “the right decision” as he defended his handling of the crisis.
- August 21, 2021: Biden canceled his trip to his holiday home in Delaware as the crisis in Afghanistan rages on.
- August 20, 2021: President Biden addressed the nation about the US’ evacuation efforts in Afghanistan amid fierce criticism.
- August 18, 2021: The president will be interviewed by former White House Communications Director George Stephanopoulos on the growing crisis in Afghanistan.
- August 16, 2021: Biden doubled down on the decision to withdraw troops ahead of the 20th anniversary of 9/11 as he slammed the Afghan government for “giving up” in the face of Taliban militants.
- August 15, 2021: Joe Biden was slammed for “hiding out on vacation” at Camp David while the Taliban overruns Afghanistan after pulling US troops.
- August 14, 2021: The Biden administration approved the largest permanent increase to food stamp benefits in the program’s history, giving 42 million Americans more money to buy groceries.
- August 12, 2021: Biden gave a speech on his “Build Back Better” agenda.
- August 11, 2021: The president appeared to “get lost” when returning to the White House as he ignored his Secret Service agent’s instructions by walking on the lawn.
- August 10, 2021: Biden’s bipartisan $1trillion infrastructure bill is passed
- August 5, 2021: Biden signs an executive order that targets zero-emissions vehicles to be half of all cars sold in the US by 2030.
- July 26, 2021: Biden participates in a bilateral meeting with His Excellency Mustafa Al-Kadhimi, Prime Minister of the Republic of Iraq.
- July 23, 2021: Biden was heckled at a rally in Virginia – before he boasted about “whipping” Trump in the state during the 2020 election.
- July 21, 2021: President Biden ordered his first airstrike on Jihadi targets in Somalia amid a worrying rise in terror attacks across Africa.
- July 20, 2021: Biden welcomed Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to the White House.
- July 13, 2021: Biden will travel to Philadelphia and give remarks on protecting the sacred, constitutional right to vote.
- July 9, 2021: President Biden called Russian President Vladimir Putin and threatened to retaliate following the huge ransomware attacks carried out by Russian hackers.
more from joe biden
PREZ ON THE MOVE
Everything to know about Joe Biden's moves as POTUS
CHIEF OF STAFF KLAIN
Everything to know about White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain
'FUEL ON FIRE'
Russian invasion of Ukraine 'inevitable after Biden's mistakes', expert says
Joe Biden’s invite to Vladimir Putin is go-ahead to China too
First Lady Jill Biden looks unrecognizable in throwback pics
THE SUN SAYS
Joe Biden’s doddering, dopey ineptitude now endangers the planet
- July 7, 2021: The president will travel to Crystal Lake, Illinois, seeking bipartisan support for a bill that will enhance child care and healthcare expenditures.
- July 6, 2021: Biden delivers remarks about the Covid-19 vaccination program during an event in the South Court Auditorium on the White House campus.
- July 1, 2021: Biden and wife Jill land in Miami to help with the Surfside condo collapse and console families.
- June 28, 2021: Biden is set to welcome the President of the State of Israel, Reuven Rivlin, to the White House.
- June 27, 2021: The Biden administration launched airstrikes on Iran-backed militants on the Syrian border.
- June 25, 2021: The president applauded VP Harris on doing a “great job” on the Mexico border crisis despite her not visiting the region once since becoming “border czar” in March.
- June 24, 2021: President Biden speaks to reporters at the White House about the deadly Miami building collapse that left more than 100 missing – but not before being reminded to address the topic by VP Kamala Harris.
- June 23, 2021: Biden unveiled a crackdown on guns while announcing that states can use $350billion in Covid funding to hire more cops as crime across the US surges.
- June 17, 2021: President Biden signed the Juneteenth National Independence Day Act into law. June 19 is now a federal holiday.
- June 16, 2021: Biden returns to the White House after his first overseas trip as president.
- June 16, 2021: President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin meet in Geneva.
- June 10, 2021: President Joe Biden meets with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson in the UK.
- June 9, 2021: The President and First Lady arrive in the United Kingdom as they embark on their first foreign trip.
- June 5, 2021: The president delivered remarks from Delaware on a report showing the economy picked up 559,000 jobs in May and that unemployment hit its lowest level since the pandemic began.
- June 3, 2021: Joe Biden was in Delaware on June 3, 2021, as he and First Lady Jill Biden celebrated her 70th birthday.
- June 2, 2021: Biden delivered remarks in Philadelphia on the civil unrest occurring across the nation following the death of George Floyd and condemned former President Trump for his response to protesters.
- June 1, 2021: President Biden and VP Harris were in Oklahoma to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Tulsa massacre – when a white mob destroyed a vibrant Black business district and killed as many as 300 people.
- May 31, 2021: Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris commemorated fallen service members at Arlington Cemetery in Virginia.
- May 20, 2021: President Joe Biden signs the Covid-19 Hate Crimes Act into law.
- May 6, 2021: Biden delivers remarks on the American Jobs Plan.
- April 20, 2021: Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris meet with the leadership of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.
- March 29, 2021: Joe Biden delivers remarks on the Covid-19 response and the state of vaccinations.
- March 6, 2021: Biden delivers remarks on the Senate passage of the American Rescue plan.
- February 23, 2021: Biden conducts a roundtable with Black essential workers, moderated by Domestic Policy Advisor Susan Rice.
- February 2, 2021: Biden signs executive orders advancing his priority to modern our immigration system.
- January 14, 2021: Biden will unveil his Covid economic, legislative and vaccination plan from Delaware.
- January 13, 2021: A GOP Senator called for President-elect Joe Biden to be impeached once he takes office on January 20. Republican President Donald Trump was impeached for the second time on January 13, the only president in US history to have been impeached twice.
- January 10, 2021: Biden that $600 stimulus checks are too little money and continued to push for $2,000 after President Donald Trump previously called for larger Covid aid.
- January 8, 2021: Biden spoke about his help package at an event in Wilmington, Delaware.
- December 24, 2021: Biden and the First Lady took part in the presidential tradition of Santa tracking with NORAD on Christmas Eve.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS