January 18, 2022

Spy Gists

Fresh Updates From Around The World.

Meghan Markle latest news – Duchess changed Diana engagement ring from Prince Harry & BBC royal doc airs again tomorrow

WHEN Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their engagement back in November 2018, we were nothing short of obsessed with the former Suits star’s diamond ring.

Designed by Prince Harry himself, the Duchess of Sussex’s stunning sparkler even features two of the late Princess Diana‘s diamonds – but less than two years later, it underwent a dramatic transformation.

The stunning sparkler originally had a thick gold band which beautifully offset the row of three diamonds.

However, Duchess seems to have reset her ring with a much thinner, diamond-studded micro-pave gold band.

Speaking to Fabulous, editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine, Ingrid Seward, explained she “found it odd” that the Duchess of Sussex, 40, would change her engagement ring.

“I find it a bit odd Meghan would want to alter a ring that her husband had especially designed for her,” she said.

“A royal engagement ring is a piece of history not a bit of jewellery to be updated when it looks old fashioned.”

Read our Meghan Markle live blog below for the latest updates…

  • Harry opened secret Instagram account

    A royal expert has claimed that Prince Harry used a mixture of his pseudonym name and his favourite DJ for social media account.

    Royal expert Jonathan Sacerdoti told Royally Us: “Harry had a secret Instagram account with the username Spikey mouse which was deleted shortly afterwards.

    “I believe but we know that Meghan apparently started following that Instagram account just around the time they started dating but of course even those watching her account then wouldn’t have known that it was Prince Harry.

    “Apparently that pseudonym he used was a mixture of the Facebook name he used he had an alias on there Spike Wells and his favorite DJ ‘Deadmau5’ so that’s a bit of royal info.”

  • Documentary concerns

    Part two will be shown on Monday.

    The relationship between the BBC and the royals had already soured this year following the Martin Bashir scandal.

    Mr Bashir was exposed as having faked documents in order to persuade Princess Diana to give her bombshell 1995 interview to Panorama. 

    Following the news, William issued a statement attacking both the journalist himself and the BBC’s management structure.

    He said their actions had fuelled Diana’s “fear, paranoia and isolation”.

    A friend told the publication the scandal is still “very raw” for the prince.

  • BBC documentary is s’overblown and unfounded’

    The Palace has dismissed the show as “overblown and unfounded”.

    Jenny Afia, the Duchess of Sussex’s lawyer, will appear again in the second episode, which covers 2018 to 2021.

    It will examine the “circumstances around the decision of the Sussexes to step down from their senior royal roles”, it details the various legal cases served by Prince Harry and Meghan, and discusses how the relationship between Diana, Princess of Wales and the press affected her two sons.

  • Second part of BBC’s royal documentary will be named ‘Sussexit’

    THE second part of the BBC’s controversial royal documentary will be named “Sussexit” to appease Prince Harry.

    The Duke recently argued the popular term “Megxit” is “misogynistic” and “created by a troll”.

    His comments led to the BBC using the new title in tomorrow night’s episode of The Princes And The Press.

    It will examine the “circumstances around the decision of the Sussexes to step down from their senior royal roles”. 

    It is expected to air claims of a lack of support for Harry and wife Meghan and of a senior household member helping a tabloid in its court case against her. 

  • Prince William to be perfect ‘sidekick’ to Charles

    Prince William will be the perfect ‘sidekick’ to Prince Charles when he takes the throne, a historian has claimed.

    Royal historian Dr Ed Owens told the Express.co.uk: “Yes one son has gone. One, if you like, trusted lieutenant has departed and does not seem interested in supporting his father, as was originally the plan.

    “But in William, Charles does have a trusty sidekick, and so long as the Cambridges are popular and maintain their public image as this idyllic family group, I do not see a moment of crisis on the horizon.”

  • Meghan Markle fans ‘refuse to condone’ her Ellen interview

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry fans have been left uneasy about the Duchess’ recent interview with Ellen DeGeneres.

    Royally Obsessed podcast hosts Roberta Fiorito and Rachel Bowie, who are both self-professed fans of the Sussexes, said Meghan’s decision to go on Ellen this week had left them “scratching their heads”.

    Ms Bowie said: “I do think, after talking about it with you, it is a question mark.

    “That was a choice by Meghan.

    “I think it should be said that we are not condoning the interview.

    “It had us scratching our heads.”

  • What was said in the first part of the BBC documentary?

    During the inaugural episode of The Princes and The Press, documentary makers looked into media coverage of William and Harry between 2012 and 2018.

    The shocking documentary claimed there had been “competitiveness” between the royal households.

    And within the film, Omid Scobie – the co-author of Finding Freedom, a sympathetic biography on Meghan and Harry – alleged negative stories were leaked against Meghan to “put her in her place”. 

  • Most Instagram worthy stately home in the UK

    New research has revealed that Blenheim Palace is the most Instagrammable stately home in the UK.

    A study by home cleaning and maintenance service company Fantastic Services analysed Instagram hashtag counts to establish which stately home in the UK provides the most Instagram potential – particularly for the festive season.

    Blenheim Palace was built by the ancestors of Winston Churchill – John and Sarah Churchill.

    John was a celebrated military commander who won the Battle of Blenheim in 1704 and Sarah was a favourite of Queen Anne – yes that favourite.

    • New analysis shows that Blenheim Palace is the most Instagrammable stately home in the UK with over 676,000 posts.
    • Chatsworth House and Kensington Palace are second and third most Instagrammable respectively.
    • Windsor Castle is the fourth most Instagrammable with a total of 393,000 posts.
  • All about BBC documentary The Princes and The Press

    The first episode of The Princes And The Press, presented by Amol Rajan, aired earlier this week and included suggestions that negative stories about the Duchess of Sussex were leaked by courtiers and there was a competitiveness between households.

    The second episode, due to be screened Monday 29, is expected to delve into William and Harry’s rift, and royal aides are reported to be concerned it will include claims that the brothers briefed against each other in the press through their advisers.

  • Meghan stunned the world with her Ellen interview

    Meghan made a surprise appearance on Ellen’s show last week – eight months after her bombshell Oprah interview back in March.

    During the light-hearted interview, Meghan laughed as she spoke about her life as a struggling actress before meeting Harry.

    The former Suits star recalled how she would go to auditions on the same Warner Bros. lot as Ellen’s set, but was forced to climb through her boot because her door was broken.

    She also took part in one of Ellen’s legendary IBF pranks.

    An IFB, otherwise known as an interruptible foldback, is a tiny earpiece worn by a celeb – as Ellen feeds them instructions to make a total fool of themselves in public.

    As part of the gag she was made to pop on a pair of furry cat ears and sing: “I’m a kitten, meow, meow, meow.”

  • Queen said to be ‘sad’ at not spending time with Archie

    The monarch is understood to be “sad” that she’s spent so little time with Archie.

    It’s reported that she also believes she won’t meet Lilibet unless Meghan and Harry return to the UK.

    The Sussexes have not commented on the claims.

  • Harry & Meg may stay is US for Xmas to avoid ‘media frenzy’

    There’s been plenty of speculation on whether the Sussexes plan a return to the UK this year.

    It’s understood the family had been invited to join the Royal Family at Sandringham – with the Queen doubtless hoping to meet her great-granddaughter Lilibet for the first time.

    However, sources claim they’ll remain in America to avoid a “media frenzy”. It will be the first Christmas for the family since Prince Philip’s death in April.

    One insider told Page Six: “There’s a lot that goes into the logistics and the planning of the family Christmas, so of course, staff know that Harry and Meghan are not coming. If they were, they would have communicated it to their family by now. But this is Her Majesty’s first Christmas without her husband, so one would have hoped they would want to be with her.”

  • Answering the phone to only two

    She’s one of the most famous women on the planet, but the Queen is said to only have two people that have instant access to her.

    Her Majesty, 95, only answers her phone every time to these two chosen individuals – and they aren’t who you would expect.

    Speaking on the Royally US podcast Christina Garibaldi, royal commentator Jonathan Sacerdoti revealed: “Apparently the Queen has two people who she speaks to the most on her phones and she also apparently has a mobile phone which is said to be Samsung packed with anti-hacker encryption by MI6 so nobody can hack into her phone.

    “But the two people she phones the most is said to be her daughter Princess Anne and her racing manager John Warren.

    “He is the son-in-law of the Queen’s friend, the late Earl of Carnarvon and his home was Highclere castle in Berkshire which viewers of TV may know better as Downtown Abbey.

    “So this is apparently who can get through to the Queen from anywhere in the world if he calls she answers.”

  • Prince Harry’s ‘face and demeanour’ (Continued…)

    Royal editor for the Daily Mail, Rebecca English, said the Prince’s “face and demeanor” show that he’s much happier in the US.

    Speaking on the Palace Confidential podcast she said: “Just by the look on his face and his demeanour, he clearly is a lot happier in the US.”

    She wished the Prince good luck – adding it was probably what he was doing in America, compared with his tasks as a Senior Working Royal in the UK, that had led to him becoming much happier.

  • Prince Harry’s ‘face and demeanour shows he is happier in the US’, says expert

    PRINCE Harry is much happier in the US – according to a royal expert.

    He made the move overseas to Meghan’s hometown of California in March 2020, alongside Archie.

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their young son Archie spent six weeks in Canada between November 2019 and January 2020, before permanently making the move to North America.

    The coronavirus pandemic pushed up their plans to settle, moving to Malibu in Los Angeles in March to avoid the borders between USA and Canada closing – and they have been there ever since.

    Harry, 37, is so content in the US he will even miss Christmas with the Queen this year – her first one without Prince Philip.

  • Queen health update

    THE Queen has told the Royal Family she is now “far better” and able to host the traditional Christmas at Sandringham following her health scare, according to sources.

    Her Majesty, 95, has moved to reassure her family she is on the mend and “looking forward” to the festive family gathering at her Norfolk estate.

    Guests at Sandringham will include her son Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall as well as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their three children.

  • Explained: How to get the new commemorative coin

    The new design will join a collection of commemorative crown pieces from the Royal Mint over the years, which have celebrated the Queen’s Silver, Gold and Diamond Jubilees.

    Included in one of the largest collections made by the Royal Mint, the coin will be unveiled next year alongside a commemorative £5 crown.

    Collectors of coins can register their interest to the Royal Mint to claim the commemorative 50p piece.

  • About the new 50p coin 

    Clare Maclennan, divisional director of commemorative coin at the Royal Mint, said: “The Royal Mint has a proud history of striking coins for British monarchs and 2022 sees one of the greatest celebrations of Her Majesty the Queen with the upcoming Platinum Jubilee.

    “Marking 70 days until the anniversary of the Queen’s accession to the throne, the Royal Mint is delighted to reveal the commemorative Platinum Jubilee 50p design ahead of its launch in the new year.

    “In recognition of the landmark occasion, this is the first time a royal milestone has been commemorated on a 50p coin and is a fitting celebration for Britain’s longest reigning monarch.”

  • New 50p coin to commemorate Queen’s Platinum Jubilee

    THE Royal Mint has announced a new 50p coin will be launched next year to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.

    It will be the first time a royal event will appear on the tails side of the coin and the design has even been approved by the Queen.

    Featuring the number 70 to denote the number of years the Queen has reigned up to 2022, her cypher will also be nestled inside the zero as the central focus of the design.

  • ‘Odd Meghan would want to alter a ring’

    Speaking to Fabulous, editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine, Ingrid Seward, explained she “found it odd” that the Duchess of Sussex, 40, would change her engagement ring.

    “I find it a bit odd Meghan would want to alter a ring that her husband had especially designed for her,” she said.

    “A royal engagement ring is a piece of history not a bit of jewellery to be updated when it looks old fashioned.”

  • Meghan’s ring based on her jewellery collection

    During the couple’s engagement interview in 2017, Prince Harry revealed he had specifically chosen a gold band for Meghan’s original ring based on her jewellery collection.

    He said: “The ring is obviously yellow gold because that’s her favourite and the main stone itself I sourced from Botswana and the little diamonds either side are from my mother’s jewellery collection, to make sure she’s with us on this crazy journey together.”

  • Meghan Markle blinged up her Diana engagement ring

    WHEN Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced their engagement back in November 2018, we were nothing short of obsessed with the former Suits star’s diamond ring.

    Designed by Prince Harry himself, the Duchess of Sussex’s stunning sparkler even features two of the late Princess Diana‘s diamonds – but less than two years later, it underwent a dramatic transformation.

    The stunning sparkler originally had a thick gold band which beautifully offset the row of three diamonds.

    However, Duchess seems to have reset her ring with a much thinner, diamond-studded micro-pave gold band.

    Meghan's engagement ring originally featured a gold band in November 2017 (left) and now appears to have been reset with a diamond-studded design (right)
    Meghan’s engagement ring originally featured a gold band in November 2017 (left) and now appears to have been reset with a diamond-studded design (right)
  • Prince Charles travels to Barbados

    Prince Charles is expected to visit Barbados on Monday, as he marks Barbados’ transition to a Republic within the Commonwealth.

    A tweet from Clarence House about the visit added: “As future Head of the Commonwealth, HRH has been invited by Mia Amor Mottley, Prime Minister of Barbados, to be Guest of Honour at the Republic Celebration events.”

    The heir to the throne last visited the Caribbean nation in 2019.

  • BBC documentary is s’overblown and unfounded’

    The Palace has dismissed the show as “overblown and unfounded”.

    Jenny Afia, the Duchess of Sussex’s lawyer, will appear again in the second episode, which covers 2018 to 2021.

    It will examine the “circumstances around the decision of the Sussexes to step down from their senior royal roles”, it details the various legal cases served by Prince Harry and Meghan, and discusses how the relationship between Diana, Princess of Wales and the press affected her two sons.

  • Second part of BBC’s royal documentary will be named ‘Sussexit’

    THE second part of the BBC’s controversial royal documentary will be named “Sussexit” to appease Prince Harry.

    The Duke recently argued the popular term “Megxit” is “misogynistic” and “created by a troll”.

    His comments led to the BBC using the new title in tomorrow night’s episode of The Princes And The Press.

    It will examine the “circumstances around the decision of the Sussexes to step down from their senior royal roles”. 

    It is expected to air claims of a lack of support for Harry and wife Meghan and of a senior household member helping a tabloid in its court case against her.